Licensed buildings area at 3.8 million square meters in H1 of 2022


[16-08-2022 03:34 PM]

Ammon News - The total area of licensed buildings in the Kingdom slightly dropped by 0.2 percent in the first half of 2022, to 3.827 million square meters from 3.833 million square meters in the same period of 2021.

The Department of Statistics (DoS) said Tuesday that the number of building licenses in the first half of 2022 also declined by 11.8 percent to a total of 11,137 licenses compared with 12,633 licenses in the same period of last year.

Similarly, the area of buildings licensed for residential purposes decreased by 5.6 percent, to 3.163 million square meters, compared to about 3.350 million square meters during the same period last year.

As for buildings licensed for non-residential purposes, their area rose to about 664,000 square meters, an increase of 37.5 percent, compared to about 483,000 square meters for the same period last year.

Buildings licensed for housing purposes accounted for 82.6 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, leaving 17.4 percent for buildings used for non-housing purposes, according to the DoS.

In its geographic breakdown of the data, the department said that the central region of the Kingdom accounted for 65.2 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, followed by the northern and southern regions at 24.9 and 9.9 percent, respectively.




  • no comments

Notice
All comments are reviewed and posted only if approved.
Ammon News reserves the right to delete any comment at any time, and for any reason, and will not publish any comment containing offense or deviating from the subject at hand, or to include the names of any personalities or to stir up sectarian, sectarian or racial strife, hoping to adhere to a high level of the comments as they express The extent of the progress and culture of Ammon News' visitors, noting that the comments are expressed only by the owners.
name : *
email
show email
comment : *
Verification code : Refresh
write code :