Man who shared video of Zarqa assault victim arrested | Jordan News | Ammon News



Man who shared video of Zarqa assault victim arrested


[10/14/2020 9:46:39 AM]

AMMONNEWS - Police agents have arrested a man who filmed and shared a video of a 16-year-old boy whose upper limbs had been cut off and one of his eyes had been gouged out by a group of persons in Zarqa, east, in what preliminary information indicate was a revenge for murder crime.

A spokesman for the Public Security Department (PSD) said the man apprehended today was referred to the Prosecutor General who ordered his detention of a week pending further investigation into his potential violation of the law by filming and sharing the video.

The victim, who was listed in poor condition, said that a group of people took him to an uninhabited area in the eastern city of Zarqa and assaulted him in revenge for a murder committed by one of his relatives, the PSD indicated.

The crime has drawn wide public outrage and calls for ensuring the perpetrators, who are now in police custody, receive the maximum punishment enshrined by the law.

Commenting on the incident, Minister of Justice Bassam Talhouni said the law will take its course and the most severe punishment will be applied to the perpetrators of crimes that disturb societal peace and security and horrify citizens.

In a press statement Wednesday, Talhouni indicated that His Majesty the King gave clear directives to all concerned agencies to provide the necessary medical attention to the victim and take the strictest legal measures against those who commit crimes that terrify society.

The minister added that yesterday's incident is alien to the Jordanian society and is rejected by all laws and religions, stressing that the Kingdom has a strong security apparatus capable of deterring and neutralizing whoever tempted to harm the security and safety of citizens.

  • Name: *
  •  
  • Email:
  •  
  • Comment: *

  •