Philippines girl dies 2 months after being bitten by dog

24-04-2024 01:29 PM

Ammon News - A 13-year-old girl in the Philippines died of rabies after she was bitten by a stray dog and kept it secret from her parents. According to Metro, Jamaica Star Seraspe had been walking home from school in Tondo District, Manila, in the Philippines when a stray dog bit her on February 9.

Instead of telling her parents the truth, Jamaica told them that she had scratched herself on metal wire, which led them to not seek medical attention. However, two months later, she developed serious symptoms, including fever, back pain, fatigue and difficulty drinking water. She then finally told her mother Roselyn Saraspe what had happened and was rushed to San Lazaro Hospital on April 5.

Her autopsy report showed she had died of rabies encephalitis, which is nearly always fatal by the time symptoms begin to appear.

Her autopsy report showed she had died of rabies encephalitis


  • no comments

All comments are reviewed and posted only if approved.
Ammon News reserves the right to delete any comment at any time, and for any reason, and will not publish any comment containing offense or deviating from the subject at hand, or to include the names of any personalities or to stir up sectarian, sectarian or racial strife, hoping to adhere to a high level of the comments as they express The extent of the progress and culture of Ammon News' visitors, noting that the comments are expressed only by the owners.
name : *
show email
comment : *
Verification code : Refresh
write code :