Area of licensed buildings up 2.3pct in 7 months


[20-09-2022 06:43 PM]

Ammon News - The total area of buildings licensed in the January-July period of 2022 edged up by 2.3 percent to 4.621 million square meters (sqm) against 4.516 in the same period of 2021, according to official figures.

The Department of Statistics (DoS) said Tuesday that the number of new building licenses issued in the first seven months of the year declined by 7.1 percent to a total of 13,505 licenses, compared with 14,531 licenses in the same period of last year.

Similarly, the area of buildings licensed for residential purposes decreased by 2.3 percent, to 3.852 million sqm, against 3.941 million sqm during the same period last year, the figures showed.

As for buildings licensed for non-residential purposes, their area jumped to about 769,000 sqm, up by a major 33.7 percent, compared to about 575,000 sqm for the same period last year, according to the figures.

Buildings licensed for residential purposes accounted for 83.4 percent of the total area of certified buildings, leaving 16.6 percent for buildings used for non-residential purposes, according to the DoS.

In its geographic breakdown of the data, the department said that the Kingdom's central region accounted for 66.5 percent of the total area of licensed buildings, followed by the northern and southern regions at 24 and 9.5 percent, respectively.




  • no comments

Notice
All comments are reviewed and posted only if approved.
Ammon News reserves the right to delete any comment at any time, and for any reason, and will not publish any comment containing offense or deviating from the subject at hand, or to include the names of any personalities or to stir up sectarian, sectarian or racial strife, hoping to adhere to a high level of the comments as they express The extent of the progress and culture of Ammon News' visitors, noting that the comments are expressed only by the owners.
name : *
email
show email
comment : *
Verification code : Refresh
write code :