Print

Foreign ministry blasts Israel's violations against Al Aqsa Mosque


[4/25/2019 10:38:09 AM]

AMMONNEWS - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate condemned the ongoing Israeli violations against Al Aqsa Mosque, the last incident of which was the incursion of hundreds of Jewish extremists in the past few days under the protection of Israeli police and special forces.

"Such irresponsible acts are a provocation to the feelings of millions of Muslims around the world, and exemplify the condemned and reprehensible Israeli policies aimed at changing the historical status quo in the Al-Aqsa Mosque," the ministry's spokesperson, Sufian Qudah, said in a statement on Thursday.

He said the Department of Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque Awqaf is the only body responsible for the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the organization of entry to it.

As an occupying power in East Jerusalem, Israel is held to account for these violations and provocative actions and for the safety of Al-Aqsa Mosque, he pointed out.

Qudah called on Israel to halt these provocations immediately, and to respect its obligations in accordance with the international law.

He also announced a diplomatic protest note had been sent to the Israeli government through diplomatic channels.

copy right for ammonnews.net