Scattered Clouds
clouds

18 April 2024

Amman

Thursday

71.6 F

22°

Home / World

crazed and believed he was Jesus .. Who was the shooter near White House?

24-05-2026 02:58 PM


Ammon News - A crazed gunman who believed he was Jesus Christ pulled out a revolver and opened fire outside the White House Saturday night, before he was quickly taken down by a barrage of shots from the Secret Service, sources said.

Nasire Best, 21, fired at a checkpoint at about 6:10 p.m. after being seen pacing in a strange manner up and down 17th St. Northwest, sources told The Post. He only got off a few shots before he was shot and killed in a hail of bullets from federal officers.

At least one bystander was hit and seriously wounded in the fusillade, the sources said.

While a motive for the attack hasn’t been confirmed, sources said Best is a mentally troubled individual who was well-known to the Secret Service for repeatedly loitering around various entry posts and who has violated a previous court order to stay away from the White House.

“FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds – we will update the public as we’re able,” FBI Director Kash Patel posted on X.

The sound of shots from the incident terrifed members of the press who were doing their normal reporting at the White House, including one ABC reporter who was seen diving for cover during a live stream.

“I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots,” said Selina Wang, a senior ABC White House correspondent.

“It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now.”

Secret Service quickly put the White House on lockdown and told reporters to gather on the north lawn and to run into the press briefing room. After about half an hour, the lockdown was lifted. The shots rang out a little less than two hours after President Trump announced on Truth Social that he was in the Oval Office working on a peace deal with Iran.

Best, who was taken down by members of the Secret Service Uniformed Division, had previously been involuntarily committed on June 26 for obstructing vehicular traffic at 15th Street and E Street NW, before being arrested again on July 10 for Unlawful Entry.

New York Post




No comments

Notice
All comments are reviewed and posted only if approved.
Ammon News reserves the right to delete any comment at any time, and for any reason, and will not publish any comment containing offense or deviating from the subject at hand, or to include the names of any personalities or to stir up sectarian, sectarian or racial strife, hoping to adhere to a high level of the comments as they express The extent of the progress and culture of Ammon News' visitors, noting that the comments are expressed only by the owners.
name : *
email
show email
comment : *
Verification code : Refresh
write code :