AMMONNEWS - Cristiano Ronaldo's management company refuted Friday night, that the Portuguese star paid $375,000 to settle an allegation of rape.
Previously, German news magazine Der Spiegel reported that Ronaldo's lawyer agreed to a settlement in 2010 after an alleged incident in Las Vegas a year earlier after Ronaldo agreed to move from Manchester United to Real Madrid.
The German magazine says that as part of the settlement, the woman was forbidden from talking about the alleged incident.
However, Gestifute, said that the story is "a piece of journalistic fiction." It added that the alleged victim refuses to confirm the veracity of the accusation.
The statement accused the newspaper by using “unsigned” documents where the parties are not identified.