Newlyweds die of inhaling gas heater fumes | Editor's Choice | Ammon News


Newlyweds die of inhaling gas heater fumes


[12/25/2010 12:00:00 AM]

AMMONNEWS - A newly-wed couple died Saturday morning in Ruseifah, northeast of Amman, as a result of asphyxiation after inhaling fumes released from a gasoline heater, Zarqa Civil Defense Department Director Colonel Muhammad Mala'abeh said.

Col. Mala'abeh added in a press statement that the 24-year old groom and 16-year old bride, who celebrated their wedding Friday night, died of suffocation at dawn on Saturday as a result of inhaling carbon dioxide emited from a gasoline heater turned on overnight in their room.

The bodies were rushed to Prince Faisal Hospital in Zarqa, but were pronounced dead before reaching the hospital.

  • Name: *
  •  
  • Email:
  •  
  • Comment: *

  •